HELENA – an investment in the future
The Graduate School Environmental Health serves as an ideal career springboard through excellent research, training and networks. More...
Explore the Helmholtz feeling! - Be part of the second German-wide conference of Helmholtz doctoral researchers!
July 20, 2017: Keynote Lectures by Prof. Dr. Joachim Heberle, DFG Ombudsgremium für die Wissenschaft / FU Berlin; Prof. Dr. Marcus Munafò, University of Bristol; Prof. Dr. Debora Weber-Wulff, HTW Berlin. Avoiding Plagiarism, Animal Research, Clinical Trials, Experimental Design and Statistics,...
Call of the Helmholtz Graduate School Environmental Health (HELENA) and the Association of Friends and Supporters of Helmholtz Zentrum München (VdFF)
SHARE YOUR INNOVATIVE IDEA AT THE FALLING WALLS LAB, WIN A SCHOLARSHIP AND TRAVEL TO THE FINALE IN BERLIN!
Researchers at Helmholtz Zentrum München, a partner in the German Center for Lung Research, have discovered a new mechanism of action of two drugs used in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). The paper was published in the ‘American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular...
HELENA provides exceptional opportunities for graduate students:
- Doctoral work in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading centers for health and environment research
- Intensive scientific training in one of the eight thematic fields
- Translational projects with close links between basic and clinical research
- Access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies
- Networking on an international scale, with financial support for attending international conferences and for research stays at other institutions
- Promotion of independence and self-management
- Intensive guidance and mentoring by a personal Thesis Committee
- Design of an individual training program
- Career promotion and training in management, leadership and communication
- Conferral of a doctorate from either Ludwig-Maximians-Universität (LMU) or Technische Universität München (TUM)