HELENA – an investment in the future
The Graduate School Environmental Health serves as an ideal career springboard through excellent research, training and networks. More...
Pint of Science Germany invites scientists to your favourite local bars to discuss their latest research and discoveries over a drink or two. This is the perfect opportunity to meet scientists and ask questions. Come share a drink with us!
SHARE YOUR INNOVATIVE IDEA AT THE FALLING WALLS LAB, WIN A SCHOLARSHIP AND TRAVEL TO THE FINALE IN BERLIN!
HELENA Lecture Series on April 25, 2018 from 1:00 - 5:00 pm at Campus Neuherberg, Building 23, Auditorium. Coordination: Dr. Paul Pfluger and Dr. Doreen Franke.
Company visits offer a great possibility to explore career opportunities outside academia. Each company visit will consist of a 2-hour preparation workshop followed by a full day excursion. Participation is possible for all graduate students and postdocs of the Center.
Michelle Lederer is the new contact person for administrative matters in the HELENA Graduate Student Office (GSO). The GSO within the department Strategy, Programs, Resources is the direct contact point for all graduate students and supervisors and offers support in all administrative matters.
HELENA provides exceptional opportunities for graduate students:
- Doctoral work in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading centers for health and environment research
- Intensive scientific training in one of the eight thematic fields
- Translational projects with close links between basic and clinical research
- Access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies
- Networking on an international scale, with financial support for attending international conferences and for research stays at other institutions
- Promotion of independence and self-management
- Intensive guidance and mentoring by a personal Thesis Committee
- Design of an individual training program
- Career promotion and training in management, leadership and communication
- Conferral of a doctorate from either Ludwig-Maximians-Universität (LMU) or Technische Universität München (TUM)
|April - 2018|