HELENA – an investment in the future
The Graduate School Environmental Health serves as an ideal career springboard through excellent research, training and networks. More...
"Founders Mentoring Founders": This seminar series welcomes all researchers of the Center who are interested in turning innovative ideas into a new business.
Prof. Konstantin Strauch (Genetic Epidemiology, IBE-LMU/HMGU) and Prof. Ulrich Mansmann (Biometry and Bioinformatics, IBE-LMU) are happy to host the sixth Winter School in Clinical and Genetic Epidemiology – Strategies to Drive Personalized Medicine. It takes place from February 26 until March 09,...
Working in a Federal Office – chances and challenges
A key element of the Helmholtz Research School of Radiation Sciences is to promote the international network of graduate students. Students benefit from research stays abroad by getting access to new techniques and lab equipment, collaborations with international scientists and gaining new insights...
HELENA provides exceptional opportunities for graduate students:
- Doctoral work in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading centers for health and environment research
- Intensive scientific training in one of the eight thematic fields
- Translational projects with close links between basic and clinical research
- Access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies
- Networking on an international scale, with financial support for attending international conferences and for research stays at other institutions
- Promotion of independence and self-management
- Intensive guidance and mentoring by a personal Thesis Committee
- Design of an individual training program
- Career promotion and training in management, leadership and communication
- Conferral of a doctorate from either Ludwig-Maximians-Universität (LMU) or Technische Universität München (TUM)