The HELENA training program comprises a small number of mandatory elements like the introductory training courses (Orientation Days, Good Scientific Practice and TUM Kick-off or LMU Midterm Booster).
- Participation in the Orientation Days (once) is mandatory for all HELENA graduate students.
- As of January 2021, we have decided to cancel the mandatory translational medicine seminar series.
We have launched this year our new focus program for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers (https://scientific-training.helmholtz-muenchen.de). We will continue to offer you high quality scientific talks and you are very welcome to contact us for speaker or topic suggestions or if you would like to organize a scientific talk or training.
- Attendance of the TUM Kick-off is only mandatory for TUM graduate students.
- Attendance of the LMU Midterm Booster by the LMU Graduate Center is only mandatory for LMU graduate students.
- The Workshop “Good Scientific Practice” which used to be a part of the orientation days, will now be offered as a seperate workshop. The workshop is mandatory for all HELENA doctoral researchers who have not yet taken part in the HELENA Orientation Days.
- Statistics and reproducibility courses are mandatory for all new graduate students and postdocs who received a working contract from 01.01.2019 onwards. The courses will be accredited with HE points.