Participation in the Online Orientation Days (once) is mandatory for all HELENA doctoral researchers
- The event is especially designed for new doctoral researchers and participation within the first year is recommended.
- The program will introduce you to the mission of the Helmholtz Zentrum München and its research programs as well as to core aspects of the HELENA Graduate School and Career Center.
- You will have the possibility to meet the doctoral representatives, learn how to deal with challenging situations and how to make the best out of your PhD.
- The Good Scientific Practice Workshop is mandatory for all HELENA doctoral researchers. It is recommended to do this course in the early stage of your PhD, as it gives helpful tips on how to do good science.
- Good Scientific Practice content (total ~8 h):
- 8 e-learning modules (ILIAS)
- 8 tests (can only be done after completing the corresponding e-learning module)
- 1 PDF with the case studies to read
- Online (or onsite) course of 4 h
- For doctoral researchers who already have participated in a Good Scientific Practice Workshop at TUM/LMU or external, participation in the HMGU Good Scientific Practice Workshop may be waived after consultation with the HELENA Team. In order to approve an external Workshop in Good Scientific Practice, we kindly ask you to submit the following documents to the HELENA Graduate Student Office:
- Description of the original course as it was announced
- Workshop content
- How much time was spent on the workshop
- Proof of participation
Upcoming Orientation Days
|23.10.2023 (Online)||Click here to register|
Good Scientific Practice Workshops 2023 from 9 am - 12:30 noon
Please note: The E-Learning GSP part takes approximately 4 hours and should be completed within a time frame of 3 weeks before the online course. Access to ILIAS will be provided 3 weeks before the online course.
[Trainer: Rolf Holle & Amudha Brugger]
|27.11.23 (Online)||Click here to register|