Successful Environmental Health research depends on teamwork over different disciplines. HELENA aims at fostering collaborations and scientific exchange offering interdisciplinary training activities.
HELENA students have access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies. The HELENA method courses are provided by experienced researchers of the Center and bring together students from different research areas. These courses comprise topics like:
- Biostatistics (introduction and advanced training)
- Methods in metabolomics research
- Protein expression, purification and biophysical characterization
- Immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence
- Epigenetic analysis in molecular epidemiology
- Confocal microscopy
The training program is supplemented with method and statistic courses by professional coaches in collaboration with Human Resources Development and retreats which are organized by the Institutes/Research Units.