HELENA – an investment in the future
The Graduate School Environmental Health serves as an ideal career springboard through excellent research, training and networks. More...
Career talk with your colleague Monika Witzenberger. October 27, 2021 from 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Assessment of the situation of doctoral researchers in German non-academic research organization is running again this year.
Speakers from across EMBL who have knowledge and experience of being ‘open’. All webinars are free to attend, but registration is essential.
This lecture series covers data science methods, domain-oriented methods as well as ethical, legal and social implications.
Flexible Funding and Career Development for Researchers in the Natural Sciences. This year’s call addresses only Postdoctoral Researchers.
HELENA provides exceptional opportunities for graduate students:
- Doctoral work in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading centers for health and environment research
- Intensive scientific training in one of the eight thematic fields
- Translational projects with close links between basic and clinical research
- Access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies
- Networking on an international scale, with financial support for attending international conferences and for research stays at other institutions
- Promotion of independence and self-management
- Intensive guidance and mentoring by a personal Thesis Committee
- Design of an individual training program
- Career promotion and training in management, leadership and communication
- Conferral of a doctorate from either Ludwig-Maximians-Universität (LMU) or Technische Universität München (TUM)