The Neuherberg campus has a lot to offer besides science: The central meeting place for all students is the Graduate Students’ Cafe, and there are numerous sports facilities for activities such as soccer, beach volleyball or tennis. DINI, the graduate students’ initiative, regularly organizes activities especially for graduate students, and members of the Welfare Association at Helmholtz Zentrum München can rent various holiday apartments at favorable prices.
Graduate Students Café
The Graduate Students Café is a meeting point for everyone. It is open daily from 9 am - 22 pm, has a kicker table soccer and provides WLAN, snacks, cold drinks and hot coffee.
Sports on the campus
Soccer: The soccer team trains regularly on the Neuherberg campus. New players are always welcome. Please visit the website HELIX Neuherberg for further informations.
Helmholtz Zentrum Healthcare Management: Focus on the Individual
We spend a considerable part of our lives at work. Healthy, productive and motivated employees are essential for the success and competitiveness of our center. That is why we focus on creating healthy work conditions, on strengthening the health awareness of our employees and on promoting and maintaining their job satisfaction and motivation. Please click here for the Healthcare Management website.
- Center medical service: Employees have access to a Center medical service on campus. It offers mandatory and optional examinations, medical check-ups and also emergency medical care or immunizations.
- Psycho-social counseling: In work and family stress situations, Helmholtz Zentrum München employees can consult the HZm psycho-social counseling office to receive assistance for mental health problems, psycho-social crises as well as team conflicts.
- The psycho-social counseling is of course independent and bound to confidentiality.
- Sports activities, massages: We provide access for our employees to various exercise classes, such as back exercises, yoga and Pilates, as well as massages. The Neuherberg campus also has a football (soccer) field (website of the HZm team ) and a volleyball field.
- Occupational safety: Through our integrated occupational safety measures we attain safety standards at Helmholtz Zentrum München that enable you to have enjoyable and accident-free work.
- Reconciliation of work and family life: Through our day care center “ganz schön frech” on the Neuherberg campus, we create optimal conditions for reconciling family and career. In addition, each year we offer an educational, fun-filled “summer campus” for children, which is run by qualified personnel.
Social Welfare Association
The Social Welfare Association at Helmholtz Zentrum München was established in 1999. It provides its members opportunities to supplement existing social benefits.
Tasks and objectives
- Offers of assistance in cases of social hardship
- Support of members in need, particularly elderly, ill or disabled members
- Care and support of association members and their family members in social, health or cultural matters
- Support of child care at Helmholtz Zentrum München
- Promotion of sports and leisure activities
- Promotion and implementation of measures for adult and family recreation
For more information, see the Social Welfare Association website.