The ERP Fellowship Program supports one- to two-year research and study stays in the context of Master's or PhD programs at top U.S. universities. The goal of the program is to strengthen transatlantic understanding and to promote and network highly qualified graduates who aspire to work in the public sector (e.g. in ministries, government agencies, foundations, think tanks, international organizations, NGOs, or in science and research). Ten to 20 scholarships are awarded annually.
The following projects can be funded under the ERP scholarship program:
- Study visits for the course phase of a PhD program. The following applies: Those who have already completed a master's degree before starting the scholarship can be supported in the first year of a PhD program; those who successfully apply for a PhD program with a bachelor's degree can be supported for up to 21 months.
- Ten- to twelve-month research projects within the framework of dissertation projects that are based at a German university
Post-doctoral projects, one- to two-semester study stays in the U.S. as part of a German master's program, and medical doctoral theses prior to completion of medical school are not eligible for funding under the ERP program.
All information at a glance can also be found in the flyer on the ERP program (PDF, 3 MB).
- Admission to the Study Foundation and a worldwide ERP network
- Monthly scholarship of 1,900 USD
- One-time start-up grant of 500 USD
- Travel allowance of 1,000 USD
- Tuition subsidy of a maximum of 25,000 USD per academic year
- Annual scholarship meeting in the USA
- Combination with other scholarships is possible (e.g. DAAD or US university scholarships).
If you are interested in the ERP scholarship program but do not hold German citizenship, you can read here whether you meet the formal application requirements for applying.
If you are intersted in the program, you may also join the information session on:
6. Juli 2022: 17.00-18.00 Uhr MEZ
28. Juli 2022: 17.00-18.00 Uhr MEZ.
You can submit an application until Oct 1., 20202.
Please refer to the website for more information (in German): https://www.studienstiftung.de/erp/.