With the expiry of Monday, 20. April 2020, TUM gradually resumes its operations - maintaining, however, existing restrictions regarding physical contact and observing essential preventive measures. Urgent scientific research and laboratory work may be conducted within TUM facilities. However, all necessary safety regulations and prevention measures must be followed. Doctoral candidates are kindly asked to contact their supervisors for questions about the feasibility of their time-critical lab experiments etc.
Persons whose work does not absolutely require their presence in university buildings are asked to work largely from home in order to avoid unnecessary personal contact in the interests of preventive health protection.
Critical information and notices of the TUM-GS in brief
Based on the current TUM regulations to limit the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), following directives are applicable to the TUM-GS:
- All Kick-off seminars until end of July are cancelled.
- In order to respond to the changing circumstances caused be the coronavirus, decisions about whether transferable skills courses will take place will be made 3 weeks prior to the course date. Registrations for new courses will now open 4 weeks prior to the course date. Online course offering will be extended on a regular basis.
- Please contact your Graduate Center to inquire about subject-related course offerings in the current summer semester.
- We strongly advice to wait with any travel bookings.
- Nonrefundable expenses caused by conference cancelation, quarantine orders etc. may be reimbursed by the TUM-GS as part of the internationalization support. However, costs reimbursed will be reduced from the internationalization budget.
- Doctoral examinations may take place virtually in consultation with all parties involved. In case of face-to-face doctoral examinations, strict safety and prevention measures must be followed. Please contact your academic department/school for any related inquiries.
- Since 06th April 2020, dissertations and all required documents may be submitted via post to the TUM Center for Teaching and Study - Promotionen (formerly Promotionsamt). The office itself remains closed to public.
- Doctoral candidates who are currently in their last semester of enrollment (6th semester) may apply for an additional 7th semester of enrollment.
- The TUM-GS Management Office as well as the Graduate Centers are closed to public until further notice. For any inquiries, please contact us or your Graduate Center per e-mail.
For detailed information on restrictions, regulations, teaching and examinations click here.