HELENA – an investment in the future
The Graduate School Environmental Health serves as an ideal career springboard through excellent research, training and networks. More...
The GraduateCenter LMU workshop program for October until December 2017 is now online. HELENA graduate students can register for the workshops.
A biochemist at an insurance company – a somewhat unusual career?
Urska Zadel, PhD student in the Plant Microbiome research group of the Research Unit Comparative Microbiome Analysis, was awarded the prize for the best poster at the 6th International Symposium on Biosorption and Biodegradation/Bioremediation (Bio/Bio) in Prague, Czech Republic.
For her dissertation entitled “Associations between physical activity and lung function in a cohort of German adolescents“ the Munich University Association has awarded Dr. Maia Smith the 2017 Advancement Prize.
The main goal of these weeks is to encourage networking and stronger partnerships among early career researchers. Doctoral and postdoctoral researchers as well as professors are invited to come together and present their research projects in the field of Computational Biology at Skolkovo Institute...
HELENA provides exceptional opportunities for graduate students:
- Doctoral work in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading centers for health and environment research
- Intensive scientific training in one of the eight thematic fields
- Translational projects with close links between basic and clinical research
- Access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies
- Networking on an international scale, with financial support for attending international conferences and for research stays at other institutions
- Promotion of independence and self-management
- Intensive guidance and mentoring by a personal Thesis Committee
- Design of an individual training program
- Career promotion and training in management, leadership and communication
- Conferral of a doctorate from either Ludwig-Maximians-Universität (LMU) or Technische Universität München (TUM)