General information about the Coronavirus and individual behavioral instructions
The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the German public health authority monitoring the latest developments, publishes regular updates and recommendations, including general hygiene recommendations but also information on stays in risk areas. We strongly recommend to keep yourself informed and follow these recommendations: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/nCoV.html.
Suspicion and contact cases are to be reported internally to your supervisor or doctoral supervisor. General information from TUM on the subject can be found here: https://www.tum.de/die-tum/aktuelles/coronavirus/.
Critical information of the TUM-GS in brief
Based on the current TUM regulations to limit the spread of the Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), following directives are applicable to the TUM-GS:
- All face-to-face teaching are cancelled until 19th April 2020, including Kick-off seminars, transferable skills courses as well as subject-related course offers.
- The Kick-off seminars from 16th-18th March and 18th-20th March are cancelled.
- All internationalization activities in international risk areas, as defined by the Robert Koch Institute, must be cancelled.
- We strongly advice to wait with any travel bookings.
- Non-refundable expenses caused by conference cancelation, quarantine orders etc. may be reimbursed by the TUM-GS as part of the internationalization support. However, costs reimbursed will be reduced from the internationalization budget.
- Doctoral examination may take place in consultation with all parties involved and the Office for Safety and Radiation Protection (Hochschulreferat 6, HR6). Please contact your Academic Department/School for any related inquiries.
- The TUM-GS Management Office is closed until further notice. For any inquiries, please contact us per email.
PLEASE NOTE: As of 6 pm on 18 March 2020, all TUM buildings on all campuses are accessible only to persons working in system-critical areas. These are persons who maintain the essential operations of the university. Supervisors of all TUM units are to provide the management of their department, or the head of their central unit, with the names of staff members they regard as essential. Supervisors and heads are to forward a list of persons to be granted access to the TUM Corona Crisis Task Force at krisenstab-coronavirusnoSp@email@example.com
For more information on restrictions, regulations, teaching and examinations click here.