HELENA – an investment in the future
The Graduate School Environmental Health serves as an ideal career springboard through excellent research, training and networks. More...
In the middle of your doctoral project? Half way through? The HELENA-LMU Mid-Term Booster is the mandatory element for all LMU affiliated HELENA...
June 21 and June 22, 12:30 - 14:30 pm CEST. Register now!
These free workshop are offered to raise awareness of start-ups among doctoral students and postdocs.
Call for applications is open from June 01 - 02 August 2021.
The Society for Genetics awards the 3000 € Elisabeth Gateff Prize for outstanding doctoral theses once a year.
Which factors motivate individuals to leave the academic sector? What makes PhD candidates and PhDs successful within academia? Who becomes a tenured...
HELENA provides exceptional opportunities for graduate students:
- Doctoral work in interdisciplinary research teams at one of the leading centers for health and environment research
- Intensive scientific training in one of the eight thematic fields
- Translational projects with close links between basic and clinical research
- Access to state-of-the-art platforms and training in the latest technologies
- Networking on an international scale, with financial support for attending international conferences and for research stays at other institutions
- Promotion of independence and self-management
- Intensive guidance and mentoring by a personal Thesis Committee
- Design of an individual training program
- Career promotion and training in management, leadership and communication
- Conferral of a doctorate from either Ludwig-Maximians-Universität (LMU) or Technische Universität München (TUM)